Monday, June 28, 2010

Ever After~ White Wednesday

Atop a graceful hill glows a limestone castle surrounded by fields of lavender as far as the eye can see. Fit for a handsome prince waiting to meet his true love, yet no room in this spacious residence for any wicked step mothers and surly step sisters.
~
Gisele, thanks for your comment on my last post,
I can see now that my silver beaded slippers on esty are reminiscent
of the classic love story movie
"Ever After"

This Chateau located in France (pictured above),
where the movie was filmed is spectacular
with its French limestone, domed roof tops
and perfectly manicured privet hedge...

the costumes
especially this costume ball gown
is so breathtaking

Just Breathe...

of course, anything that even hints of Leonardo DaVinci I love!

So thank you Gisele
and everyone, for your lovely comments.
and be sure to check out White Wednesday at Faded Charm...

Images: Brayton Homestead Interiors 2, google 1, 3-5

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Gisele said," Love the castle! Takes me back to my childhood waiting for my prince. Loved that story."

Unknown said...

thanks for your inspiration for this post- I love the movie too! It seems your childhood wish came true and you found your Prince Edward!

Karen

Unknown said...

I would certainly love to live in that castle...with my silver beaded slippers!!!

Daphne Nicole & Lynda Cade said...

Beautiful post thanks for sharing. I especially love that ball gown, it's gorgeous!!! Blessings~~~Daphne

CarolAnne - camdesign said...

Oh my, what a wonderful dress that was...I love that movie...

Unknown said...

thank Lisa, Daphne Nicole &amp, and camdesign - love your words, glad you enjoyed...

Karen

The Charm of Home said...

How beautiful. Love the chateau and your slippers!
Sherry

Anonymous said...

I found your blog on White Wednesday and I think Ever After is one of my favorite rainy day movies! Wouldn't you love to just spend one night in that castle?!

Oh yeah, Your Etsy store is so neat! I love the vintage jewelry.

Alex

Unknown said...

oh yes I would Blue Creek basement -one of my dreams!

thanks,

Karen

Susan Freeman said...

Your post made me feel like a little girl again dreaming of castles!

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo