Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Basket drawers new to my old kitchen


New kitchen basket drawers were added to 
my old homestead kitchen.


and it is not easy making any changes to a house circa 1796...


but I been picturing them for quite some time..


this is the space that I had to work with.
removed 1970's drawers completely off their tracks!


Now open freely and I love them beside my 
CHALKBOARD painted fridge.


hold frequently used white ironstone dishes and platters. 
Even recycled all the old wood to make them.
Hope you enjoyed.

Linking with 
Karen

5 comments:

The French Hutch said...

I love your new basket drawers. I think they are charming and a great look for your home. Great inspiration for me, we have similar homes.

~Emily
The French Hutch

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh how fun. I love them, they look amazing. Hugs, Marty

Unknown said...

Wow what a nice post i am so inspired here could you more share here i will be back to you as soon as possible.
Thanks for sharing..




garden centre Letchworth Garden City

Unknown said...

thanks Garden Center- I should take pics of more of the kitchen that is completed- good idea,
Karen

Gisele my Arbonne said...

Great idea, Karen. Looks great!