Monday, January 27, 2014

OLD JARS/ NEW LIDS= NEW LOOK and organized!




In my last post I had started on my New Year's  resolution to organize my homestead kitchen.My latest strategy is to reuse a mix of old jars that were hidden in the cupboards and make them pretty to be on the kitchen counter.

 

The canning jars are a bit different as are the lids and tops.
I bought these lids after Christmas,  on sale. 
 They came in a  set with other designs.  


Using the jars to hold different tea bags, handy! Love the way they look with my red appliances. A simple red and white check cloth napkin pull it all together and easy to clean up. I painted the brick in a creamy white paint and aged them with a tan glaze. Very easy two paint colors and brush.


When not being used, the jars line up on the top of the toaster oven.  I really do not use that appliance much, except to reheat pizza. It keeps it from getting soggy.


I  would love to find the perfect tray to bring the teabags to the table for serving..


Working on other easy and inexpensive ways to organize my kitchen and make it look great as well. Looking for ways to store my dry spices that looks good and takes up less cupboard space.
thanks for visiting the Homestead,

Karen



7 comments:

My Garden Diaries said...

This is super brilliant!!! What a great idea to unify them all! I have so many different jars as well and this has inspired me to get moving and change them up!!! Happy week to you! Nicole

living from glory to glory said...

Hello, I think this is so sweet, it reminds me of such a cheery country kitchen! I love a clean and tidy pantry and counter tops. It is always a work in progress:)
Loved the little sweet Krumpet on your sidebar.
I am friends with Sherry and just seeing all her lovely ladies in her Link Up...
Blessings, Roxy

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Great idea, love those red checkered lids! Of course that is my favorite color so I love your mixer too...
Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
Blessings,
Cindy

Madonna/aka/Ms Lemon of Make Mine Lemon said...

This looks so organized and cohesive. I have started using jars for everything I put in the freezer to mixing up the dry mix of my baking, to lunch in a jar. Mine do not match or look as lovely as yours.

Crystal K. said...

They look great! What did you do to decorate them? I'd love to make a set for my kitchen.

Unknown said...

thanks Crystal,
I found them like that at Walmart at Christmas. I think they are available on line. I think you could make them with fun contact paper!
Karen

The Tablescaper said...

So effective.

Great to have you at Seasonal Sundays.

- The Tablescaper