Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Do you love to PUTTER?



Do you love to “PUTTER” around your home, apartment or room? I do. My homestead living room is the perfect room to putter. Puttering to me is rearranging your decorating items to please your sensibilities at that moment. My circa 1796 is always easy to change things around in. Perhaps because the room's style is English Cottage. In an English home you might expect to see family treasures that have been passed down through the generations all together.


“ Puttering is really a time to be alone, to dream and get back in touch with yourself… To putter is to discover."  Alexandra Stoddard 



No matter what or where your personal space is, I think "puttering" is rearranging your belongings to create a space that reflects your needs and wants at that time. “ 


Rearranging personal mementos, creating a floral arrangement, switching lamps and art work ,  makes us decide on what is important to us at that time.  I use a small bureau in my living room as an end table. Here I placed it in front of my window.  Sometimes I use it as a nightstand.
 Anywhere I place it , the bureau gives me additional storage, a great trick for small spaces where space is limited.


My collection of glass paperweights, vintage and new art pieces, sparkle with the light behind them. Old books and a ceramic piece my sister made spoke to me to be together. 
  


So go ahead and putter. When you move your favorite things to another room or give it another purpose you appreciate and love it even more. You can always move things back where they were. 
So can ahead and PUTTER!

Linking with these blogs:
Have a Daily Cup of Mrs Olson
Elizabeth & Co.
Kathe with an E
Ivy & Elephants
The Dedicated House
From my Back Porch to Yours


Instagram    Visit Brayton's profile on Pinterest.

4 comments:

Amy at love made my home said...

You have a lovely place to putter in! xx

acorn hollow said...

It looks lovely and I do use A bureau as side tables and you are right it gives you so much more storage.
Cathy

Curtains in My Tree said...


I putter every day i'm home, I just puttered around all day yesterday.
rearranged a few small items thinking about painted an old cabinet I have

I like your putter window

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

I have a big love of puttering myself! I think it does wonders for the soul. And I agree, that moving things around is a lot of fun! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann