Friday, July 24, 2009

Settee with Style



With the feel of throne, the back like a headboard, country checks that I love and a groovy granny square seat, please take a seat and enjoy. I visited the incredible Mackenzie-Childs farmhouse, showroom and workshop in Aurora, NY where the they create their wonderful whimsical pieces. Additionally, much wine was sampled during wine tastings at the surrounding Finger Lakes Wineries! I especially love the hand painted landscape on the settee's backboard, and all the Dry Rieslings.....
Images: Mackenzie-Childs

11 comments:

agnesofgod said...

I think I could sleep on that settee is looks so cozy and comfortable, great pictures.

Anonymous said...

I can't quite believe my eyes, what an amazing place. The settee is a piece of Art, so many ideas in one place.
Adele

Unknown said...

Adele,
I could not have said it better, so many wonderful things, highly suggest a trip!!
Karen

victoria kloch said...

It amazes me the intricate details and time that was spent making this lovely settee. The integrity of this artist is to be admired. I wish I lived closer to see.

Beach Cottage Studio said...

Wow! To visit the showroom and workshop of this artist would be a dream come true! It sounds like you had a great time!! Thanks for the fantastic and inspiring pictures.

Gisele my Arbonne said...

What a unique piece! Do you have more pictures of other items? Sounds like an inspirational trip.

Anonymous said...

That is amazing!!! Thanks for sharing such wonderful art and furniture!
Aimee

Jeanne Oliver said...

Beautiful piece!

Millie said...

What a wonderful piece this is Karen! I love whimsy in any form, so this is a treat for the eyes. Sounds like you had a great side trip too.
Millie ^_^

Unknown said...

Looks like a beautiful place. I also love the granny square seat. I would enjoy sampling wine on that settee!!

Unknown said...

let's do it Lisa!! Sampling wine while hanging out on the settee- great idea...