Saturday, October 3, 2009

Fall Apples

Sitting on top a vintage mirror
sits my fall apple kitchen centerpiece ~
a chippy old basket lined with red checked napkins
holding a bounty of glittery apples ......

Of course, there had to be freshly baked
chocolate chip cookies
to celebrate....
Peak past the basket
hydrangeas are drying nicely from summer
vintage needlepoint
and a lovely pillow from Petit Coterie
rest on a handpainted bench used to stay toasty
near my 213 year old kitchen fireplace...

ENJOY

Images: Brayton Homestead Interiors

12 comments:

Fabulously French said...

C'est tres belle. I adore it and I bet those cookies are yummy.

Leeann x

agnesofgod said...

All the colors and textures work together so well. Would love ti have a fireplace in my kitchen!

Unknown said...

thanks Fabulously french and agnes- the cookies were yummy...

Karen

Petit Coterie said...

Karen, Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I love your photo, I'll take one of those yummy cookies. The pillow looks wonderful!

xo, Michelle

Mandi said...

lovely! i love the apples....but i love the cookies even more! hehe

Unknown said...

Those are wonderful! It's a fun and simple way to add in that fall touch.

Gisele my Arbonne said...

So creative again,Karen. I surely would have passed that basket, but you gave it beauty.

Brabourne Farm said...

Beautiful photos - your apple centrepiece is gorgeous. Leigh

Little Lovables said...

it's charming! love hydrangeas, I never knew they could get so red!

Unknown said...

What a delicious centerpiece, love the colors and what a beautiful mirror.

Teresa @ good-grace said...

oh my ... soooo lovely! (I have to say I especially love the vintage mirror.)

Jeanne said...

Such great photos and arranging.