Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Work Space Wednesday VI

Going to your studio everyday is a pleasure, the space reflects you. So much thought and effort went into the design and it shows. Eclectic at it's finest; it showcases so many of your favorite antiques, art, travel mementos and work supplies of course...

Multi picture groupings are so effective whether they are an eclectic mix or multiples of similar subjects in similar frames. Here I drink my latte at a local coffee house surrounded by a collection of photographs of Italy...

Adjoining the coffee house is an art gallery. This room featured apparel made from unexpected materials, for instance plastic bags, I love it!

An easy transition into multiple groupings of framed pieces is an ensemble of family photographs perfect up a stairway grand or small.
enjoy....
IMAGES: Jac de Viller Photography
Brayton Homestead Interiors
Brayton Homestead Interiors
Domino Magazine

14 comments:

AuroraSuzette said...

Oh oh oh! The plastic bags on the dress form..so great. At least in the photo. They have such a worn look to them. And that studio (which I do NOT have!) is terrific.

Anonymous said...

Just the inspiration I need to put some of my travels photos on the walls. thankyou

Unknown said...

thanks AuroraSuzette and GemmaJoy. I agree the studio is wonderful. I think it is great to hang personal momentos in your space...
Karen

Brabourne Farm said...

Just think how creative you would be if you had a workspace like Image 1 - so beautiful! Leigh

Lee said...

I loved them all, collections are so fun, easy to add to or replace. Feast for the eyes.
Lee

prashant said...

At least in the photo. They have such a worn look to them.

Web hosting india

Unknown said...

Brabourne Farm, Lee and prashant, how wonderful are your comments, thanks. Such a pleasure to read...
Karen

FrenchBlue said...

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!! So full of art and inspiration!!
XOX"s

Mandi said...

I am in love with that space! And I am allll about grouping pictures to make beautiful art!

Unknown said...

So cool!!! Love the groupings of photos.. and the dress...Oh that dress!!!

Unknown said...

A great stair way! It reminds me how I need to get my pictures hung in my stair hall way. I keep putting it off. What a great variety! I would never guess how it works so well.

Unknown said...

Thank you French Blue, mandi, Lisa, and Edward. love your comments; I say the more pics the merrier!
Karen

agnesofgod said...

I would love to have that stairway with the photos going up the wall. Thank you for all your great ideas.

Amy Henderson said...

Gorgeous! Love picture groupings! Have been wanting to do one for ages. I'm inspired again :)