Friday, December 3, 2010

vintage inspiration at the Brayton Homestead

I am linked to Common Ground's great Vintage Inspiration Friday

My living room mantle is decorated very simply this year. I am inspired by the watercolor painted of my homestead in the 1940's and by the violin that my son played for eight years...

Alas, the daily practice sessions are no more . After his last high school concert he put the instrument on the mantle and it has stayed unplayed. I loved to listen, even the squeaky times.
Maybe one song this Christmas Doyle, please...
Images: Brayton Homestead Interiors

7 comments:

Olive said...

That is a beautiful violin Karen. Very elegant on the mantle. merry♥O

agnesofgod said...

How lucky are you to have a watercolor painting of your house from the 40's! How did you find it?

Unknown said...

Thanks Olive and Agnes. When my Mom first bought the house she asked the owners if they would sell her the watercolor of the homestead, and they did! thanks for asking. Yes, very fortunate...

Karen

Debra@CommonGround said...

Oh Karen, this is so sweet! Beautiful watercolor and such precious memories of your son's life.
I'm going less complicated this year, also. Only about half of my Christmas stash. Thanks so much for linking up,
big hugs,
Debra

Unknown said...

Sweet! smiles...

Unknown said...

Gisele said," Love old mantles especially decorated for Christmas. Hope your son plays a tune for you."

Julie Marie said...

Hi Karen, I have missed you!... love your beautiful watercolor of your home... Merry Christmas to you!... xoxo Julie Marie