Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Red and White enamel sign


Thank you Ash Tree Cottage for your wonderful giveway !
I won Susan's blog giveway and I was able to select a sign from Ramsign
and this red and white enamel sign is what, after much deliberation,
I selected...

Thank you Bentley (above) and Susan...
Valentine's Day is wonderful, but I would be remiss, if in February...

I did not honor President Abraham Lincoln’s birthday!

It is especially important to my family as it is also my Dad’s Birthday.
Dad’s been gone from us for many years, miss him so.

Check out near my phone, the corner of a photo of Doyle
I had taken when he was young..
the red and white sign will be so perfect for my house as I love RED!

Red and white anything in fact!

longing for the warm summer flag days at the Homestead

and my new sign,
that I think I will hang on the granite pillar
attached to the red gate!
Don't you think it will be perfect?
Linking to Rednesday at It's a Very Cherry World, White Wednesday at Faded Charm, Vintage Inspiration Friday at Common Ground, and Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage.
take a look, thanks...
Karen

18 comments:

Sherry@The BarnQuiltStore Blog said...

Absolutely perfect!!!!!
(so is your pup!!)
♥'s
Sherry

Olive said...

Sweet sign and your color definitely. Your home in snow is beautiful.

Unknown said...

Love the picture of your dad, reminds me of Doyle. I think that sign will be perfect on the gate, looking forward to seeing the pictures with the sign. Congrats on the win!!

Anonymous said...

Great sign. Wonderful pictures.

Laura @ 52 FLEA said...

I LOVE your sign!
Mine is blue and white!
Your red is cheerful and bright!
:)

★Carol★ said...

That sign is terrific, and congrats on winning it! Love that summertime shot of the red chair the most today, because we've gotten 18" of snow so far, and I'm pretty sure that Spring is still a long ways away!
Happy REDnesday!
Carol

Unknown said...

Great choice, Karen! And Happy birthday to Abe and your Dad, Gisele said.

Brenda Pruitt said...

Oh, I love it! Especially the colors.
Brenda

Ann said...

Congratulations on your win!!
Yes, February is a grand month. I have always enjoyed it!!
Fondly,
Ann
@
The Tattered Tassel

Ellen said...

Fantastic sign and loving all the red!

xoxo,
Ellen

SueLovesCherries said...

You chose the perfect sign! I think that photo of your father has a hint of Brad Pitt in it!

Debra@CommonGround said...

Well, I guess you can see that I love a good pop of red myself! Love that sign! Thanks Karen, for coming to the party!
love ya,
Debra

Susan Freeman said...

Hi Karen! I have been MIA for the past few days ~ down with the flu. I am catching up now. I am so happy that you won the sign. I like your choice too. It will look so cool posted next to your charming gate!! I know how you feel, I miss my Daddy too. We just have to honor their memories by being the best girls we can be. Love ya and of course Krumpet too!!

Lots of love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

Gracefully Vintage said...

Love those items of Lincoln, Im using prints similr to that style in my home right now-
Great Design and style on your blog
LOVE the Inspiration
An excited new Follower ill chck back for more ideas..
THank
YOU Karryann

lilybets said...

Absolutely lovely.Congratulations on your win!

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Hi there~ LOVE the sign you chose! How darling! Of course I am loving your reds too- Red is one of my absolute favorite colors & your chair is just darling!! Thanks for sharing this at Feathered Nest Friday! :)

Romantik Seelchen said...

viele Grüße, die Fotos sind alle sehr interessant und schön,
ich würde mir eine Übersetzungsfunktion hier bei dir wünschen, dann kann man besser verstehen,
einen schönen Sonntag, herzlichst Jasmin

mary pernula said...

I love red also, congrat's on the sign......Mary