Sunday, May 26, 2013

Homestead Dress Up


It has been raining for days and will continue all weekend!
( This picture was featured on Common Ground Blog!)


Therefore, I did not dress up the homestead with the usual flags and banners... 


Instead I am posting some of my favorite holidays pics of the 
BRAYTON HOMESTEAD


Still loving my red gate, added to the 1796 home a few years ago...


Cannot wait to get the lawn furniture out 
for lazy days of tea or wine,
Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend...


I am so grateful and flattered to be features at the beautiful blog
by Debra
thanks!

6 comments:

Lady Locust said...

Love the 76 flag - They weren't so picky about it back then & more folks seemed to respect it. Your place looks great - rainy here too. The red gate is fabulous! Love that color of red too (I know that sounds a little funny, but int. designer - I'm sure you 'get' it.)
Smiles,
JoeyLea
http://www.thelocustblossom.blogspot.com/

Gail Peterson said...

The red is so fitting with your vintage home!
I love the touches you add!
Happy Memorial day!
xo,
Gail
http://www.casualloveselegance.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I never really liked the color red, then I found this pinkish red and it is now my signature color at the homestead and in my wardrobe, thanks...

Rachel S said...

Love it. Beautiful pictures.

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

So pretty! I especially love the front door! What a wonderful welcome!

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Karen, I've been peeking back at a few of your posts. I'm so glad you found me so I can see all this. Your homestead is just the kind of place that I love and am fascinated about so I am enjoying spending time with you..Happy Wednesday..Judy